Today we are going to talk about Staying Healthy Through the Holidays: The holidays can be a tough time for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Don’t worry, here are some simple steps to help you stick to your goals:
* Get Moving: Any movement counts! Take walking breaks, build a snowman (if you have snow), or enjoy a yoga class.
* Make Moderation Your Mantra: Be aware of your choices and choose your splurges. Don’t miss out, but don’t indulge when it’s not worth it.
* Lose Liquid Calories: Eggnog, hot chocolate, ciders and sodas can add hundreds of calories to your daily intake. Remember your moderation mantra.
* Treat Yourself: Relieve stress with a massage, manicure or even a few days of rest. Do things that make you happy.
* Get Plenty of Sleep: A good night’s sleep can be one of the best defenses against getting sick. Get in your zzzzs!
* Wash Your Hands Often: Washing your hands is the single most effective way to prevent the spread of infection. Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
We hope these simple tricks will help you and your family have a safe, healthy holiday season!