Today we have a delicious apple dessert that you can make to accompany the Baked Potato Soup recipe that we shared last week. If you haven’t made it yet, we highly recommend that you do. We made it this week and it is delicious and filling. Next time here at our house we are going to have to double the recipe to be able to make sure there is plenty for everyone as well as some yummy leftovers for when the kids get home from school.
Apple Cinnamon Bubble Up Bake
3 pounds of apples peeled, diced
½ stick butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ cup water
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon or allspice
Sprinkle of salt
1 tablespoon cornstarch
4 tablespoons cold water
1 can Grands Cinnamon Rolls
Jar of caramel sauce.
1. In a saucepan melt the butter.
2. Toss the diced apples with the lemon juice and add to pan.
3. Add in the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and water.
4. Let apples stew and cook until tender.
5. Mix the cornstarch with 4 tablespoons cold water and stir into apples.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Cut up the Grands Cinnamon Rolls into 8 pieces each.
8. Layer in greased 9×13 pan.
9. Pour apples over rolls.
10. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and golden.
11. While warm drizzle caramel sauce all over top.
12. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.