It’s a lovely, hot Saturday here in Texas. Have to make sure and do anything fun early or late, but one thing you need to do daily is to Mind Your Stress. Successfully managing stress and good health go hand in hand. While you can’t erase every stresser in your life, you can control your reaction to them with these low-tech stress relievers:
- Help others who are less fortunate. Nothing puts life in perspective better. Volunteer at a soup kitchen, homeless shelter or food pantry. It does the soul good.
- Have an attitude of gratitude. Appreciate the good things and good people in your life. Take the time today to tell those in your life that you love and appreciate them. Don’t hold petty grudges and not forgive. Tomorrow may be too late.
- Take a mental timeout. The is to do something you enjoy every day: play with the kids, watch a movie, play sports, read a book, or listen to music.
- Exercise! In many ways it’s the best medicine. Even if all you do is go for a walk.
- Spend less, save more! You never know when it might be needed and come in handy. Even if it is just a couple of dollars a week. Over time it adds up and soon you have a nice little nest egg.